- 80 grams of butter
- one brown onion, finely chopped
- three cloves of crushed garlic
- three teaspoons of sweet paprika
- garam masala
- ground coriander
- one half teaspoon of chilli powder
- one cinnamon stick
- two tablespoons of white vinegar
- 10. one can of tomato puree
- 11. ¾ cup of chicken stock
- 12. one tablespoon of tomato paste
- 13. 750 grams of chicken thigh fillets
- 14. one cup of cream
- 15. ½ cup of yoghurt
- Melt the butter in the pot on a low heat.
- Place the paprika, garam masala, coriander, chilli, onion and cinnamon stick.
- Stir slowly and cook till you can see through the onion.
- Add the vinegar, puree, stock and yoghurt.
- Now place the chicken in the pan along with the cream and yoghurt.
- Bring the chicken and stock to a boil, then turn down the heat to a simmer.
- Leave for 10 minutes without the lid.
- Check that the chicken is tender.
Serve the BUTTER CHICKEN with steamed rice and mango chutney. It’s DUKELICIOUS!